Ad Code

Update Post

6/recent/ticker-posts

Reading Comprehension CPCT Free Online Test (07th Aug 2021 Shift 02)

Reading Comprehension CPCT Previous Year Question Papers Free Online Test (07th Aug 2021 Shift 02) 


Reading Comprehension CPCT Free Online Test


नीच दिए गए गद्यांश को पढ़ें और प्रश्‍नों के उत्‍तर दें 


English : The Early Years of Indira Gandhi

In my mind, I have always divided my childhood into the years spent in what I still think of as the old Anand Bhawan, formally known as Swaraj Bhawan. The old house was spacious with long elegant lines. A number of cousins and relatives were always staying with us. There was a great deal of entertainment and social and other activities. My father, mother and I lived upstairs and this gave us togetherness as well as privacy from the others. It was like a two-room flat, a large bedroom adjoining a library-cum-sitting room, with a wide veranda covered with glazed pottery. For most of the year all our activities – meeting friends, reading, sleeping, and so on -took place on the veranda rather than in the rooms. On either side of our rooms were open terraces -- heaven for a child who loved to run. My grandfather was the head of the family. His towering personality, dominated any scene or company. But the centre of my small universe was my father. I loved, admired and respected him. He was one person who had time to take my endless questions seriously. He awakened my interest in the things around, no less than in trends of thought and, above all, in the whole purpose of freedom. Also I could not bully him, which I did my mother to some extent, although she could be and was firm as a rock in matters which she considered essential to discipline or character-building. Both my grandmothers were fair targets so far as sweets or fruit were concerned or in pleading my cause with my parents. Especially my paternal grandmother (Dadi, or grandmother from my father’s side of the family) whom I called Dol Amma, because of the sweets she kept in a ‘dol’ (hanging basket). My grandfather – I called him Dadu -- although strict with others, was very lenient towards me. Among the first things I remember is a robbery which took place in Dol Amma’s rooms. Not much was lost, because the heaviest box which was full of books was left in a nearby field.

Hindi : इंदिरा गांधी के शुरुआती वर्ष 

मेरे ख्याल से, मैंने अपने बचपन का अधिकांश समय पुराने आनंद भवन में बिताया था जिसे अभी स्वराज भवन के रूप में जाना जाता है। पुराना घर काफी विशाल था और इसमें सुरुचिपूर्ण नक्कासी भी की गई थी। चचेरे भाई और रिश्तेदार हमेशा हमारे साथ रहते थे। वहाँ सबकुछ मनोरंजन और सामाजिक और अन्य गतिविधियों से भरा था।
मेरे पिता, माँ और मैं ऊपर की ओर रहते थे और इससे हमें घनिष्ठता और दूसरों से गोपनीयता मिली। यह दो कमरे के फ्लैट की तरह था, बड़ा बेडरूम एक लाइब्रेरी और सिटिंग रूम से लगा हुआ था, और बड़े बरामदे में चमकीले मिट्टी के बर्तन रखे हुए थे। अधिकांश वर्षों में हमारी सभी गतिविधियां - दोस्तों से मिलना, पढ़ना, सोना इत्यादि - कमरे के बजाए बरामदे में करते थे। हमारे कमरे के दोनों ओर खुली छतें थीं - एक बच्चे के लिए स्वर्ग जो दौड़ना पसंद करता था। मेरे दादा परिवार के मुखिया थे। उनका बढ़ता हुआ व्यक्तित्व, किसी दृश्य या मंडली पर हावी रहता था। लेकिन मेरे छोटे ब्रह्मांड का केंद्र मेरे पिता थे। मैं उनसे प्यार करती थी, प्रशंसा करती थी और सम्मान करती थी। वह ऐसे व्यक्ति थे जिन्होंने मेरे अंतहीन प्रश्नों का जवाब गंभीरता से दिया था। उन्होंने ने ही आसपास की चीजों के प्रति मेरी रूचि जागृत कर मेरी विचारधारा को दिशा दी, खासकर स्वतंत्रता के संबंध में। इसके अलावा, मैं उन्हें परेशान नहीं कर सकती थी, जैसा मैंने अपनी माँ को कुछ हद तक किया था, हालांकि वह ऐसी चीजों में चट्टान के रूप में दृढ़ हो सकती थी, जिसे वह अनुशासन या चरित्र निर्माण के लिए आवश्यक मानती थी। दादी-नानी का उचित लक्ष्य था, मिठाइयों और फलों की मांग माता-पिता से करती थी। खासकर मेरी दादी-नानी (मेरे पिता के परिवार की तरफ से दादी या नानी) जिन्हें मैं डोल अम्मा कहती थी, मिठाई होने के कारण उन्होंने इसे 'डोल' (हैंगिंग बास्केट) में रखा था। मेरे दादा - मैं उन्हें दादू बुलाती थी - यद्यपि दूसरों के प्रति सख्त थे, मेरे प्रति बहुत उदार थे। मुझे याद रखने वाली पहली चीज़ों में से एक चोरी है जो डोल अम्मा के कमरे में हुई थी। ज्यादा नुकसान नहीं हुआ था, क्योंकि किताबों से भरा सबसे भारी बॉक्स पास के मैदान में छोड़ दिया गया था।

Sub questions





Reactions

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

0 टिप्पणियाँ

Ad Code